Find the life you’re meant to live. Discover the path to get there. Change your life, your community, and your world.
Start telling your own story. You are Born 2 Win!
Culturally Helping And Making Positive Success
Motto: Born 2 Win in Every Situation in Life
The mission of the C.H.A.M.P.S. Male Mentoring Program is to Educate, Empower, and Expose Boys and Young Men of Color beyond the four walls of the school in order to help them to achieve their dreams and goals.
C.H.A.M.P.S. Male Mentoring Program envisions a safe environment for every young man by developing their mindsets through culturally relevant conversations and interactions that will help them develop the skills and habits necessary to navigate life in a positive and productive way.
Every setback is a setup for greatness.
Every failure is a ladder towards greatness.
Every goal is applied towards my greatness.
Every life experience enhances my greatness.
Every task perfects my greatness.
The Divine guides my greatness.
I am greatness in the making.
Watch WGN CHAMPS Story
It began with a question: what’s your story?
CHAMPS Founder Vondale Singleton Sr. wrote his own story, becoming a first-generation college graduate and working as an advocate in primary, secondary, and higher education, as both a teacher and administrator.
Vondale believes that “salvation plus education is an unbeatable combination.” He started C.H.A.M.P.S. in an effort to mentor young men with similar circumstances.
See how we are and how we’re changing lives, every day.
THURS, AUG, 11th 2022
1ST CHAMPS PARENT ACTION COMMITTEE MEETING
- INTRODUCTION MEETING BY BRILLIANCE AND EXCELLENCE
- REGISTRATION REQUIRED (BELOW)
- The vision of P.A.C. is to provide a space for the external and internal growth of parents through enhanced communication skills, relationship development skills, and more in depth insights into the psychology of male youth. Partnering with P.A.C. will provide a space of community offering support, empowerment, and training to help parents navigate the world of parenting young men.
- TIME: 5:30PM - 7PM, FREE FOOD
- LOCATION-GARY COMER YOUTH CENTER
SEL Programs in School: Expanding Opportunities Across the Nation
Social-emotional learning is critical for young men in underserved communities. Dealing with trauma, learning to communicate, and exploring their inner lives is key to a successful future. Countless young men are lacking positive male role models as they move through the identity formation stages of their lives, and CHAMPS can help fill this void.
At CHAMPS, we have the experience and knowledge to partner with you to support your students’ social-emotional development, and to change the lives of the young men in your school. We specialize in helping students develop:
- Positive Racial Identity Formation & Self-Awareness
- Self-Management & Social Awareness
- Improved Relationships
Let us help you exceed your goals and support your invaluable work as educators.